Thursday, April 24, 2008

The week of many doctor's appointments

I think this week marks my personal record for doctor's visits ... I'll have 4 to 3 different doctors.








Tuesday: OB & Sonogram


This was a regularly scheduled sonogram with an emergency visit to my OB. I felt like I was going to pass out, and so I saw I had my blood pressure taken and blood drawn and saw Dr. Picco. I've had some rapid pulse episodes that have made me feel really sick the last 2 weeks. She recommended I see a cardiologist and also visit my dermatologist about the rash on my legs.








Wednesday: Dermatologist


I felt like my legs were on FIRE! Dr. Gottleib didn't think they were that bad and told me none of the usual oral medications would be OK with the pregnancy. So, instead I have some perscription creams. They're not really doing much. Seriously, do these legs look not that bad?






I think they're disgusting. Thanks to modern technology, we have documented the crazy rash and I can come back to it when I start my litany of problemos, "When I was pregnant with you, do you know what I went through?"








Thursday: Cardiologist
On Thursday, I saw the award-winning Cardiologist Susan Bennett. I had an EKG, and everything looks OK, I just had a rapid pulse and she heard my heart murmur. She's not too worried, it might just be the effects of being pregnant and in the heat. I'm going back for some more tests and monitoring, but I probably just need to "rest more and take it easy."

Friday: Sonogram #2
This week starts 2 sonograms per week. I'll be going back for my second sonogram tomorrow.

No comments: