Friday, January 18, 2008

One week down, 13 more to go!

I just completed the first week of my second semester in the part-time MBA program at George Washington University. Oh yeah!!!

It actually wasn’t bad at all. I feel very fortunate that five or six people I met last semester are also in some of my classes for this semester. Coming from a small undergraduate school (there was less then 1,000 people in my graduating class) I find it comforting to already know and trust people in each of my classes.

On the down side, it means I’m back to hauling my bag of books back and forth on the METRO again. Since the morning commute on the Orange Line is really a vicious fight for seats and then standing room, I often find that my book bag is the best device for getting a seat for Anne and/or keeping others from getting too close to us. I have so much stuff crammed into this bag that it’s almost impossible to get around it without breaking one of the unspoken codes of METRO conduct.

However, by the time I’m heading home, my book bag becomes something of a liability. Perhaps it’s simply because I haven’t really been toting it around for a month, but it also seems heavier than last semester. I admit that within a day of carrying it, my head, neck and shoulders just start screaming for some Aleve.

I can only imagine what it will be like carrying all of my stuff and the baby’s…

No comments: