Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You sure have a squirmy baby!


That's a direct quote from our ultrasound technician. NO KIDDING! :) We had the "big" ultrasound this week, our 20th. Everything is progressing just as it should. We got to see the 3D/4D ultrasound which showed our baby's little face. S/he blew us a kiss, did some toe-touches and rolls, but couldn't keep still long enough to get a good picture of the face. We have plenty of legs, arms, organs, etc.
Here's what's going on with the baby developmentally: Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!


Here's a picture of me at 20 weeks 2 days. This weekend, my yoga instructor (who knew I was pregnant) told me I didn't have to suck in my stomach. I told her I couldn't even if I wanted to!

No comments: