Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So, after work, we went to get groceries at the local Harris Teeter. Normally, this would be a pretty boring affair. I was wearing a sweater and tie. Anne had the day off and so was wearing her comfortable clothes: maroon yoga pants and a green hooded sweatshirt with, "Everybody Loves an Irish Girl" stitched on the front. She also hadn't had a shower that day. Now, we had a pretty long list of groceries and so we split the list between the two of us. I took off to get my items, leaving Anne with the shopping cart. After a few return trips to drop off the items with Anne, I found myself in a tight spot. I couldn't find the Gruyere cheese!Anne too couldn't find the Gruyere, so I told her I would look a little longer if she wanted to move on to the next items on her list. She agreed and I circled the cheese stand, searching for a little piece of Switzerland. Boy was that a mistake.When my eyes and my nose failed to locate the precious Gruyere, I hustled to catch up with Anne. As I approached Anne, I noticed a sly smile on her face."What's Up?" I asked.Suffice to say, my modest wife was smiling because a young man had approached her and asked if I was her boyfriend. She replied no, that was her husband. The young man, embarrassed, then replied that I was a lucky man, and quickly retreated from the scene. I told Anne that I totally agree with the man and congratulated her. She's still got the magic!

No comments: